The CSCS Profiled Route is a rigorously, independently audited route for construction site managers or supervisors who have many years experience, but do not hold a recognised NVQ or SVQ in construction. Before considering making an application via the Profiled Route you should read the guidance notes for applicants and employers and the guidance notes for Reviewers.
Applicants should note:
- Applicants must be an experienced construction site manager or site supervisor currently or recently working for a principal contractor, sub contractor or self employed. Experienced is defined as at least one year in the last three
- This route is NOT open to other occupations covered by the CSCS black Managers Card or CSCS gold Supervisors Card
- Applications cost £300 (£250.00 plus VAT). Payment will only be accepted via BACS payable to Construction Skills Certification Scheme Ltd, HSBC, Account Number 72052091, Sort Code 40-18-22. Advance cleared BACS payment is required for all applications
- All applications should include a copy of the applicant’s CV
- Applicants must pass the appropriate CITB Health, Safety and Environment test relevant to the card they are applying for
- Applicants should never copy or adapt other people’s answers. All applications are checked carefully by CSCS and independent Auditors and any evidence of plagiarism will result in rejection of the application with steps taken against the applicant, the employer and the reviewer
- Do not submit original documents as we do not return any application, these are confidentially shredded after the auditor has reviewed them.
How to apply for a CSCS card via the Profiled Route
Applicants, their employer and a reviewer must allocate time to gather significant information and evidence and submit it in the required format for assessment by a CSCS auditor.
- The appropriate Applicant Evidence Sheet (AES) must be completed to provide a detailed profile against an agreed list of knowledge/skills which reflect the relevant National Occupational Standard.
- The AES has to be reviewed by a qualified reviewer who should complete the appropriate Reviewer Sign Off Sheet. The reviewer must hold either an S/NVQ in Verification or Assessment (A1 or V1) or be a competence assessed member of a CSCS recognised Professional Body. CSCS reserves the right to audit a reviewer’s credentials.
Download Site Manager Reviewer Sign Off Sheet
- Send all documentation and a completed Profiled Route Smartcard Application to CSCS Ltd, The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London, WC1E 7BT.
If you require an invoice to be raised for payment please email email@example.com.
What happens next?
All Profiled Route applications are audited by a CSCS approved auditor who reviews the documents submitted to determine whether it is sufficient for a CSCS card to be issued. CSCS reserves the right to request further evidence if required. If the auditor recommends that the CSCS card can be issued, it will be sent within 28 working days. If the auditor determines that there is insufficient evidence of an applicant’s experience, they will refuse the application and recommend that the applicant registers for an appropriate NVQ. The fee paid is not refundable. Any application missing required documents will be immediately returned.
Please ensure you follow the process outlined in the guidance notes above before submitting an application to ensure you include all the correct forms completed along with proof of qualifications or the application will be returned.
If you have any queries regarding the Profiled Route please contact firstname.lastname@example.org