- When will the CITB credit accounts be withdrawn?
From 29th November 2019 CITB account holders will not be able to purchase CSCS cards via their CITB credit accounts.
- Does this affect individual applications?
This change does not affect individual applications. Individuals applying for cards over the telephone will continue to pay via a debit or credit card. However, when the new service is launched the quickest way to apply and pay for your card will be via the online system.
- How do I find out more?
There will soon be guidance on setting up a prepaid employer account on www.cscs.uk.com/employer. Should you wish to speak to a member of the CSCS team to discuss your application and payment options then please call on 0344 994 4777.
- How do I set up a new prepaid account facility with CSCS?
Details on how to create a new prepaid CSCS account will soon be made available on www.cscs.uk.com/employer.
- How do I pay for CSCS cards between now and February 2020?
Here are your options:
- Submit urgent CSCS card applications as early as possible and continue to use your existing CITB credit account to pay for your cards.
- Should you require CSCS cards between 9th December and early February 2020 you can make multiple applications via the new CSCS online system. When applying online payments can only be made using a debit or credit card
- Should you require CSCS cards between 9th December and early February 2020 you can make single applications over the phone using the number below. When applying over the phone payment can only be made using a debit or credit card
- Alternatively, if your CSCS card applications are not urgent then please wait until the new prepaid account facility is available in early February 2020.
- Can I set up a new CSCS prepaid account now?
The new CSCS service begins on 9th December but there will be a short delay before the prepaid account facility becomes available in early February 2020.
- I have a CITB credit account, can I use it to pay for CSCS cards now?
Until 29th November you can continue to make payments in the usual way (via credit accounts or via payment over the phone).
- Are CITB credit accounts being closed down?
No, CITB credit accounts will remain. This announcement only affects CSCS card payments. CITB account holders will be able to continue using their CITB accounts to pay for other CITB services such as publications and Site Safety Plus.
- How will I make payments in the future?
Those wishing to continue using an account facility to pay for their CSCS cards will be required to set up a new prepaid account within the new CSCS online system. Details on how to create an account will soon be made available on www.cscs.uk.com/employer.
- Will CSCS be offering credit accounts when the new service is launched?
Credit accounts will not be available. However, CSCS will be introducing a new prepaid account facility. This means payments can only be made when the account is in credit.