Exemptions to H, S&E Test
Exemptions to taking a CITB H,S&E test apply if:
- If you have achieved the applicable construction related NVQ or SVQ within the last 2 years.
This is only available to new applications and cannot be used for card renewals.
- If you hold a SOLAS card. CSCS has a mutual recognition agreement with SOLAS (previously known as FAS (Eire) Safepass which acts as an exemption to the Operative or Specialist CITB Health and Safety Test requirement providing that it has been completed within 2 years of the application being made.
Please note that SOLAS is not acceptable as an exemption to the Supervisor or Manager and Professional (MAP) level CITB Health, Safety and Environment tests.
Applicants for Apprentice cards do not need to take the CITB H,S &E test if they have completed the health and safety requirements relevant to their Apprenticeship Managing Agency prior to applying for the card, if you have:
- A letter or email from the Managing Agency of your apprenticeship (which must be clearly identified that they are a Managing Agency) confirming that you have met the Managing Agency’s Health and Safety requirements
- A certificate for a one day Health and Safety Awareness course
- A Health and Safety unit included in your induction or initial qualification
If you have none of the above then you will need to take the CITB Health, Safety & Environment test before applying for a CSCS card.