What happened on 1st August 2016?
From 1 August 2016 the following Trainee card requirements were introduced:
- Only one Trainee card (irrespective of occupation) is available
- The card is red in colour and clearly marked “Trainee”
- The occupation is not displayed on the reverse of the card. It simply says “Trainee”
- The card is valid for 5 years and is non-renewable
- Prior to applying for a card an applicant must register for a CSCS recognised construction related qualification
- SSSTS, SMSTS and NEBOSH General are not accepted as routes to a Trainee card
- Applicants must have completed the appropriate CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test less than 2 years prior to applying for their Trainee Card
- Applicants must complete their qualification before the Trainee card expires
- On completion of the qualification applicants can move onto a skilled CSCS card.