What is CSCS?
Although most people are familiar with CSCS there are many views expressed regarding its purpose and what it means to have a CSCS card. To summarise:
A CSCS card is:
- A certification of the cardholder’s identity
- A certification of the cardholder’s qualifications
- A certification of the cardholder’s training
A CSCS card is not:
- A passport to gain entry to site
- A competency card
- A guarantee of a cardholder’s competence
- A Health and Safety card
- A card for off-site employees
- A certification of the cardholder’s fitness to work
- A record of the cardholder’s work experience
Holding a CSCS card verifies your identity and shows employers that you have the required training, qualifications and experience for the type of work you carry out on a construction site. Most major contractors and homebuilders require workers on their sites to hold a valid CSCS card.
Go to the full FAQ list