Recognised qualifications to apply for a labourer card
If a labourer submits a certificate for one of the of the following and passes the Operative level CITB Health, Safety and Environment test they may apply for a CSCS labourer card:
- RQF Level 1 or SCQF Level 4 Award Health and Safety in a Construction Environment certificate
- A valid one day Site Safety Plus Health and Safety Awareness course certificate
- IOSH Working Safely course certificate. PLEASE NOTE: The e-assessment of the IOSH Working Safely Course will not be accepted as an approved route to the labourer card.
- A valid JTJ Introduction to Construction course certificate
- A valid Priestman Associates Principles of Construction Site Health and Safety course certificate
- HABC Level 1 Award in Health and Safety for Construction certificate
- Rushmoor Borough Council Level 1 Award Health and Safety in a Construction Environment certificate
- A valid DSA Health and Safety Awareness course certificate
You must also pass the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment test within two years prior to applying for a new card. You can find out more about the test here. Click on these links to view Training Centres approved by Cskills Awards City & Guilds (click on Find a Centre) and Pearson.