Skip Content

Recognised qualifications to apply for a labourer card

If a labourer submits a certificate for one of the of the following and passes the Operative level CITB Health, Safety and Environment test they may apply for a CSCS labourer card:

  • RQF Level 1 or SCQF Level 4 Award Health and Safety in a Construction Environment certificate
  • A valid one day Site Safety Plus Health and Safety Awareness course certificate
  • IOSH Working Safely course certificate. PLEASE NOTE:┬áThe e-assessment of the IOSH Working Safely Course will not be accepted as an approved route to the labourer card.
  • A valid JTJ Introduction to Construction course certificate
  • A valid Priestman Associates Principles of Construction Site Health and Safety course certificate
  • HABC Level 1 Award in Health and Safety for Construction certificate
  • A valid DSA Health and Safety Awareness course certificate

You must also pass the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment test within two years prior to applying for a new card. You can find out more about the test here. Click on these links to view Training Centres approved by Cskills Awards City & Guilds (click on Find a Centre) and Pearson.




By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.