Experienced Worker

Go to the full Card Types list

This card is available to workers with on the job experience (normally at least one year in the last three).

The card is valid for one year and cannot be renewed.  It is issued on a temporary basis, while a Construction Related QCF qualification is being achieved. It is expected to be replaced by a skilled five year card on achievement of a Construction Related NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or higher.

An Experienced Worker Card cannot be replaced by a Provisional card.

You can also apply for this card over the phone by calling 0344 99 44 777. You will need to email evidence that you have registered for a qualification to [email protected] prior to calling.

*All applicants must have passed the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test within the past two years and be registered for the relevant Construction Related NVQ or SVQ.

To find out the level of Health, Safety and Environment test you should take please check your occupation here

*Important note: Applicants must be able to provide proof of registration onto their qualification. As a minimum, you are required to provide evidence from your training provider’s awarding organisation that includes:

  • Applicants Name
  • Full qualification title and level of the course you are registered to
  • Date of registration (must be in the last 2 years)