Privacy & cookies policy
Construction Skills Certification Scheme Limited (“CSCS”/“We”/“Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Construction Skills Certification Scheme Limited
The Building Centre
26 Store Street London
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you may provide: by filling in forms on the Site; on forms or documents you send to us by post; or by telephone. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, by subscribing to our services or requesting further services whether on-line or by post or telephone. Such information may include your name, age, postal and email addresses, telephone number, national insurance number and qualifications. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your requests.
- Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Cookies and IP addresses
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited.||See this link for an overview of privacy at Google|
|These cookies stops the cookie message appearing on every page load.|
|Session Cookie||PHPSESSID||This cookie remembers login states.|
|You Tube Cookies||VISITOR_INFO1_LINE
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Safeguarding Personal Information
CSCS is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of technological, physical and organizational protections and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, such as encryption, passwords, physical security, etc. While we strive to protect your personal data, CSCS cannot ensure or warrant that the personal data or private communications you transmit to us will always remain private, and you do so at your own risk.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving the Site to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
How We Use Personal Information
CSCS uses your personal information to:
- administer and provide the CSCS scheme;
- send communications to you such as information, news or surveys about the CSCS scheme;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- notify you about changes to our services, including contacting you by email, telephone or post; and/or
- otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
Other Parties with Whom CSCS May Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information with our suppliers who administer the CSCS scheme in order to provide you with the relevant Smartcard on our behalf. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- in order to enforce or apply our customerservice@CSCS.gb.com.