Privacy & cookies policy
Construction Skills Certification Scheme Limited (“CSCS”/“We”/“Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Construction Skills Certification Scheme Limited
The Building Centre
26 Store Street London
- Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
- Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000
- Electronic Communications Data Protection Directive 2002/58/EC
- Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) as introduced into national law on 25 May 2018
- Guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner
- Any successor legislation to the DPA and GDPR.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you may provide: by filling in forms on the Site; on forms or documents you send to us by post; or by telephone. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, by subscribing to our services or requesting further services whether on-line or by post or telephone. Such information may include your name, age, postal and email addresses, telephone number, national insurance number and qualifications. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your requests.
- Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Cookies and IP addresses
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited.||See this link for an overview of privacy at Google|
|These cookies stops the cookie message appearing on every page load.|
|Session Cookie||PHPSESSID||This cookie remembers login states.|
|You Tube Cookies||VISITOR_INFO1_LINE
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Safeguarding Personal Information
CSCS is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of technological, physical and organizational protections and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, such as encryption, passwords, physical security, etc. While we strive to protect your personal data, CSCS cannot ensure or warrant that the personal data or private communications you transmit to us will always remain private, and you do so at your own risk.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving the Site to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
How We Use Personal Information
CSCS uses your personal information to:
- administer and provide the CSCS scheme;
- send communications to you such as information, news or surveys about the CSCS scheme;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- notify you about changes to our services, including contacting you by email, telephone or post; and/or
- otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
Other Parties with Whom CSCS May Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information with our suppliers who administer the CSCS scheme in order to provide you with the relevant Smartcard on our behalf. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of CSCS, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- to help CSCS or our affiliates analyse and/or improve our communication or relationship with you.
Except as described above, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes unless you have provided consent.
If you have a CSCS Smartcard, by allowing your CSCS Smartcard to be used with a card reader or smartphone with NFC capability, you acknowledge and agree that the person using the reader will be able to view your name and occupational competencies and other personal data either stored on or accessed by using the CSCS Smartcard to which you have given your consent.
CSCS accepts no responsibility or liability for any issues arising in connection with the third party’s use of your personal data stored on the CSCS Smartcard.
Selecting Your Communication Preferences
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How You Can Access Your Information
CSCS wants to help you keep your personal information accurate. To review, verify or correct your personal information, please contact our customer service department at the email address given below.
You have the right to access information we hold about you. You may at any time request a copy of the data we hold on you by sending an email to [email protected]