Applying for CSCS cards
If you wish to apply for a CSCS card, we recommend using the only official online service – CSCS Online It’s quick, easy and available when you need it, all year round.
Below you can find a step-by-step video on how to apply for a CSCS card online as well as a handy guide for help with online applications.
Before you apply, please ensure you:
- Have a scanned copy of your qualification certificate, or proof that you are registered to complete a recognised construction related qualification relevant to your occupation. To check if CSCS accepts your qualification, you can use the CSCS Card Finder. Select ‘Search by qualification’, type in your qualification and see if your qualification appears.
- Have the test ID number from your CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test ready. This can be found at the top of your pass certificate.
- Have a credit or debit card to pay the £36 application fee.
Profile pictures are taken when you take the HS&E test and these pictures will be used on your CSCS card, should your application be approved. If you are applying with an alternative to the HS&E test requirement then you will have to provide a passport style photograph as part of your application.
For guidance on making an online application, please use the CSCS Online instruction guide.
If you hold an existing card
You can claim existing CSCS cards from our previous system. Please follow these simple steps to claim your card.
- Once you have created your online account, please select ‘My cards’ from the main menu, then select ‘Claim my card’.
- Enter your registration number and the necessary personal details, then press enter.
- This will link your previous card to your new online account, while allowing to keep the same registration number.
You can then either renew your card, or apply for the same or a different card.
Please note: If your old card has expired or you hold a Labourer, PQP or AQP card you will not be able to renew. Instead, please make a new application and upload your qualifications when requested.
Apply as an employer
Employers should also apply online. To find out more, visit Employer Applications.
The quickest way to get in touch is via your new CSCS online account. If you already have an account, please log in and select ‘Support’ on the top menu, click ‘Add Request’ and enter your details and required documents, then a member of the team will be in touch.
If you do not have an online account, then please call 0344 994 4777 (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday).
When your application has been approved, your CSCS card will be posted out to you the next working day. Most cards arrive at their requested destination within 3-5 days of application approval. If your card does not arrive within 10 days then please contact CSCS.
You can also download the My CSCS app to use your virtual CSCS card on site straight away.
All CSCS cards cost £36 and all CITB HS&E tests cost £22.50.
There are a number of organisations that offer card application services. If you are being charged more than £36 for a card or £22.50 for a CITB Health, safety & environment test, please check that you understand what additional services you will receive, if any.
The cheapest and quickest way to apply for a card is directly via the CSCS online application service.
Apply over the phone
We always recommend applicants use the online application service. Online applications are quick, easy and secure, with the service available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you do not have a CSCS Online account, you can apply over the phone by calling 0344 99 44 777.
Please note, telephone applications will take longer to process than an online application. You will also need access to your email account during the call so that we can verify your details and complete the application process. We always recommend applying online but uploading your documents to the support section of your online account before calling to make your application also helps ensure quicker results.
Without a valid email address CSCS may be unable to process your application.