Applying for CSCS cards
If you wish to apply for cards, we recommend that you use the online service. Applying online will be considerably quicker than applying over the telephone.
Before you apply, please ensure you:
- Have a scanned copy of your qualification certificate, or proof that you are registered to complete a recognised construction related qualification relevant to your occupation. To check if CSCS accepts your qualification, you can use the CSCS Card Finder. Select “search by qualification”, type in your qualification and see if your qualification appears.
- Have the test ID number from your CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test, this can be found at the top of your pass certificate
- Have a credit or debit card to pay the £36 application fee.
Profile pictures are taken when you take the HS&E test. If you applying with an exemption to the HS&E test requirement then you will have to provide a passport style photograph as part of your application.
For guidance on making an online application use the CSCS Online instruction guide.
If you hold an existing card
If you already have an existing CSCS card you can claim this from our previous system. Please follow these simple steps to claim your card.
- Once you have created your online account, please select ‘My cards’ from the main menu, then select ‘Claim my card’.
- Enter your registration number and press enter.
- This will link your previous card to your new online account, while allowing to keep the same registration number.
You can then either renew your card, or apply for the same or a different card.
Please note: If your old card has expired or you hold a Labourer, PQP or AQP card you will not be able to renew. Instead, please make a new application and upload your qualifications when requested.
Apply as an employer
Employers should also apply online. To find out more, visit Employer Applications.
Apply over the phone
If you do not have a CSCS Online account, you can apply over the phone by calling 0344 99 44 777.
Please be advised that you will need access to your email account during the call so that we can verify your details and complete the application process. Without an email address CSCS are unable to process your application.
The quickest way to get in touch is via your new CSCS online account. If you already have an account, please login and select “Query” on the top menu, enter your details, and a member of the team will come back to you soon.
If you do not have an online account, then please call 0344 994 4777 (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday).
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, Royal Mail has temporarily suspended Saturday deliveries. This may delay the delivery of your CSCS card. More information can be found on the Royal Mail website.
When your application has been approved your CSCS card will be posted out to you the next working day. Most cards arrive at their requested destination within 3-5 days of application approval. If your card does not arrive within 10 days then please contact CSCS.
All CSCS cards cost £36 and all CITB HS&E tests cost £22.
There are a number of organisations that offer card application services. If you are being charged more than £36 for a card or £22 for a CITB Health, safety & environment test, please check that you understand what additional services you will receive. The cheapest and quickest way to apply for a card will be to apply directly to CSCS via the online application service.