See our guide for applying for a CSCS Labourer Card or watch the video below:

Video by CITB


You can apply for this card if you completed one of the below qualifications or courses:

  • The QCF Level 1 or SCQF Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment. To find out how to take this award contact your local college of further education, training centre or Jobcentre Plus. They will advise you about training and assessment availability, pricing and whether funding is available.  Click on these links to view Training Centres approved by Cskills Awards City & Guilds (click on Find a Centre) and Pearson.
  • The CITB Health and Safety Awareness* (HSA) Course certificate
  • The IOSH Working Safely* course which must have been achieved within three years prior to making an application. PLEASE NOTE: The e-assessment of the IOSH Working Safely Course will not be accepted as an approved route to the labourer card.
  • An in date recognised equivalent* – a list of equivalents can be viewed by entering “labourer” into Cardfinder. If you are an employer or training provider who would like your training to be recognised as an equivalent you should check this page.

All applicants must also pass the Operatives CITB Health Safety & Environment test.

This card is valid for five years.

*Important note for renewals: When renewing the Labourer card applicants cannot use the same alternative qualification certificate they used for the prior application. A new and in date alternative qualification certificate must be submitted as part of the renewal application.

Go to the full Card Types list