Skip Content

Trainee Card

Go to the full Card Types list

.This temporary card is available if you are a trainee and registered to complete a construction related qualification. The qualification may be vocational, academic or professional, but must be acceptable for a CSCS card.

Applicants must also have passed the Operative level CITB Health, Safety and Environment test within the last 2 years.

More information about the types of qualifications CSCS accepts can be found on the CSCS qualifications webpage. CSCS recognised qualifications and the appropriate HSE tests level can be checked using the CSCS Card Finder.

Trainee card applicants must be able to provide proof of registration onto their qualification. As a minimum, you are required to provide evidence from your University, Professional Body or Training Organisations awarding body that includes:

  • Applicants Name
  • Full qualification title of the course you are registered to, including level if relevant
  • Date of registration (must be in the last 2 years)

The quickest and most convenient way to apply for a CSCS card is via our online application service. If you already have an account, please login and start your application today.

If you have not already done so, we recommend that you create an account by visiting Applying for cards and follow the steps on the screen.

This card is valid for five years and cannot be renewed.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.