- What is Go Smart and how do I use it?
Go Smart is the free Construction Industry App for reading and checking physical and virtual CSCS smartcards using a smartphone, tablet or PC. Go Smart not only checks the validity of CSCS cards, but can also record information about them and utilise a number of other helpful tools. You can find out more at www.gosmart.co.uk.
- Can I use a photo of my virtual card to show I am certified?
No. The QR code which appears beneath a virtual card changes, so it will not work if you try to use a picture of the QR code at another time.
- Do I need to carry my CSCS card with me if I have a virtual card?
In theory no. But it will take time for the industry to get used to the virtual card. So, for now CSCS recommends carrying both. But if your site manager says it is OK to present the virtual card then you can leave the plastic card at home. But be mindful that the next site you work on may want to see the plastic card.
- My site managers will only accept physical CSCS cards, not virtual ones. What should I do?
Ultimately, the decision on how to use CSCS cards are made by site management. CSCS is happy to provide further information on the use and security of virtual CSCS cards to concerned site managers.
- I can’t find my virtual card. What should I do?
Follow the instruction on the App Support page to find your CSCS card. If you cannot find your virtual card, ensure that you have successfully claimed your card, or that your card application has finished processing.