I don’t have an NVQ, does that mean I will have to get qualified?
It depends on the type of card you have:
- CSO – CSCS no longer issues these cards. There is information here about what you need to do when this card expire.
- CRO – CSCS will stop issuing Construction Related Occupation (CRO) cards in April 2017. All CRO cards issued from 1st October 2015 will expire on 30th September 2017 and are not renewable. You will be expected to register for a nationally recognised construction related qualification before the card expires. Read more about the CRO card changes.
- IA – From 1st January 2020, all cards renewed under Industry Accreditation will expire on 31st December 2024 and CSCS will stop issuing the card from 30th June 2024. Read more about the IA withdrawal.
- Profiled Route – CSCS stopped accepting applications via the Profiled Route in April 2016 but cards already obtained this way are renewable. Read more about the Profiled Route changes.
- AQP, PQP – These cards will continue to be renewable.
- Site Visitor – All Construction Site Visitor cards issued from 3rd September 2018 will expire on 31st August 2020 and are non-renewable. CSCS will stop issuing the card from 28th February 2020. Read more about the Visitor card withdrawal.