I don’t have an NVQ, does that mean I will have to get qualified?
It depends on the type of card you have:
- CSO – CSCS no longer issues these cards. There is information here about what you need to do when this card expire
- CRO – CSCS will stop issuing Construction Related Occupation (CRO) cards in April 2017. All CRO cards issued from 1st October 2015 will expire on 30th September 2017 and are not renewable. You will be expected to register for a nationally recognised construction related qualification before the card expires. Read more about the CRO card changes.
- IA – If you obtained your CSCS card through Industry Accreditation (IA), sometimes known as grandfather rights, you will be able to renew it without achieving an NVQ. However, there is an expectation from the CLC that we develop a plan to move all industry accredited cardholders to a recognised qualification by 2020.
- Profiled Route – CSCS stopped accepting applications via the Profiled Route in April 2016 but cards already obtained this way are renewable. Read more about the Profiled Route changes.
- AQP, PQP and visitors – These cards will continue to be renewable.
Go to the full FAQ list