What should I do if I suspect someone is using a fraudulent card?
- Retain the card if possible
- Make photocopies of front and back
- Record cardholder’s name and address if possible
- Ask cardholder where the card was obtained from
- Contact the local police and report the matter*
- Refuse access to site (subject to company rules)
- Forward copies of all evidence to:
The Operations Team
26 Store Street,
WC1E 7BT marked “SUSPECTED FRAUDULENT CARD”
email [email protected] making sure to include copies of all evidence
CSCS and CITB will fully support any prosecution with technical and factual evidence.
*Please note: Contacting the police is at the discretion of each individual site and subject to company rules. CSCS and CITB always recommend contacting the police as this information can be helpful to the authorities when investigating issues such as modern day slavery, people trafficking and right to work investigations.