CSCS will only consider appeals relating to:
- CSCS card applications made using apprenticeships
- CSCS card applications made using the Occupational Work Supervision NVQ
- The late renewal of CSCS cards
Mandatory documents for appeals
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all mandatory documents for their appeal are submitted, relevant and up to date. Any documents not initially submitted will not be considered.
All applicants must submit:
- Their Curriculum Vitae (CV) including a full work history and details of any qualifications they have achieved.
- Copies of any qualifications they have achieved, relevant to the card and occupation their appeal refers to.
Applicants appealing because they no longer have their apprenticeship completion certificate or did not achieve City & Guilds certification must also submit:
- A letter explaining the full details of the Apprenticeship the applicant completed.
- A letter on headed paper from the employer with whom the apprenticeship was served, stating the applicant’s occupation, the completion date of the apprenticeship and the employer’s contact details.
- Witness testimony from the applicant’s most recent employer.
Applicants appealing to renew their card more than 6 months after their card’s expiry must also submit:
- A letter explaining why the applicant was unable to renew their CSCS card within 6 months of the card expiring.
- Witness testimony from the applicant’s most recent employer on company headed paper.
Applicants appealing an application made with the Occupational Work Supervision NVQ must also submit:
- A letter from the applicant’s employer confirming the trade they Supervise onsite.
Appeals and mandatory documents can be mailed to:
CSCS Appeals Team, PO Box 114, Bircham Newton, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE31 6XD.
Or emailed to [email protected] with ‘CSCS Appeal’ in the subject line.
The CSCS Appeals Panel will notify an applicant of their decision within 20 working days.
All decisions of the Appeals Panel are final.