If your application for a CSCS card has been rejected and you wish to appeal against this decision you will need to submit all of the required documentation to the CSCS Appeals Panel, along with any additional supporting documentation you feel may help support your appeal.
Please note any required documents not included with your appeal will not be considered and will not be accepted for a re-appeal. You must ensure that all documents are up to date and relevant to the card/occupation being appealed. Appeals are reviewed on internal criteria and all decisions are final.
Please note that CSCS will only consider appeals relating to:
- Late Renewals
Mandatory documents for all appeals
- A detailed letter explaining the circumstances that prevented you from applying for renewal at the time of expiry of your previous card, or full details regarding the Apprenticeship you completed.
- An up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV) i.e a full work history and details of any qualifications you have achieved. (enclose copies of your qualifications) If you do not have a current CV you can use this CV template.
- Witness testimony from your current and/or previous employer. If you do not already have any witness testimonies you can use this reference template.
If your appeal is because you no longer have your Apprenticeship completion certificate or did not achieve City and Guilds certification you need to submit:
- A letter on headed paper from your employer with whom the apprenticeship was served stating your occupation and completion date of the apprenticeship, along with full contact details for verification purposes.
Please return your appeal and required documentation to:
CSCS Appeals Team, PO Box 114, Bircham Newton, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE31 6XD.
Or send it to [email protected] please enter ‘CSCS Appeal’ in the subject line
Upon receipt of an appeal CSCS will:
1) Check that all required documentation has been provided for consideration by the Appeals Panel. Note: CSCS will not consider any documentation submitted after the first submission so it is important to ensure all supporting documentation is submitted with your appeal.
2) Confirm the decision taken by the Appeals Panel to you within 20 working days. If the appeal is approved you will be contacted and advised of any additional requirements to apply for the card. If the appeal is rejected you will be contacted and advised of the outcome and the reason/s for rejection. The decision of the Appeals Panel is final.
If you have any questions regarding the appeals process please contact [email protected] or call 0344 9944 777