Appeals: card applications
From time to time CSCS will reject a card application. This can be for a number of reasons, such as the application lacking appropriate documentation, or the applicant not holding the appropriate qualifications for the card they are applying for.
If your application has been rejected and you believe that the reason given is incorrect, or you believe that you have a specific personal situation which should be taken into account, then you can submit an appeal to the CSCS Appeals Panel.
Mandatory documents for appeals
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all mandatory documents for their appeal are submitted, relevant and up to date. Any documents not initially submitted will not be considered.
All applicants must submit:
- Their Curriculum Vitae (CV) including a full work history and details of any qualifications they have achieved.
- Copies of any qualifications they have achieved, relevant to the card and occupation their appeal refers to.
Applicants appealing because they no longer have their apprenticeship completion certificate or did not achieve City & Guilds certification must also submit:
- A letter explaining the full details of the Apprenticeship the applicant completed.
- A letter on headed paper from the employer with whom the apprenticeship was served, stating the applicant’s occupation, the completion date of the apprenticeship and the employer’s contact details.
- Witness testimony from the applicant’s most recent employer.
Applicants appealing to renew their card more than 12 months after their card’s expiry must also submit:
- A letter explaining why the applicant was unable to renew their CSCS card within 12 months of the card expiring.
- Witness testimony from the applicant’s most recent employer on company headed paper.
For any other type of appeal please provide any relevant documentation that may help support your appeal.
Appeals and mandatory documents can be mailed to:
CSCS Appeals Team, Coalfield Way, Ashby-de-la-Zouche, LE65 1JF
Or emailed to [email protected] with ‘CSCS Appeal’ in the subject line.
The CSCS Appeals Panel will notify an applicant of their decision within 20 working days.
All decisions of the Appeals Panel are final.