Skip Content

Non-construction related occupations

CSCS cards are intended for construction related occupations only.

Following discussions with key industry representatives, including CITB and employer representatives, it has been agreed that a number of occupations are non-construction related and should not be covered by the scheme.

A list of occupations no longer covered by the scheme is available here.

CSCS will not be issuing cards for non-construction related occupations, this means some workers will be arriving on site without a card. It is the responsibility of the site managers to induct non-construction related workers and escort them where appropriate in order that they can carry out their work safely on site.

The decision not to issue CSCS cards for non-construction related occupations is a practical step towards achieving the Construction Leadership Council’s requirements and ensures we are able to certify applicants to the scheme hold a construction related, nationally recognised qualification.
This decision is also fully in line with the Build UK Training Standard.

Should your entry to site be refused by a contractor because you do not hold a CSCS card, please direct them to this webpage.

Should you wish to query an occupation not covered, contact CSCS by using the CSCS contact us form.

Click here for more information.