A new online application process has been introduced.
Employers who wish to apply for CSCS cards must now create an Employer account via CSCS online.
You can do this by selecting the ‘Employer’ checkbox when registering your account.
Employers, Partners and Third parties can now process single applications as well as multiple applications, subject to the following conditions:
- Bulk applications are only available online – not via the telephone
- Payment must be made by payment card – payment on account is coming soon
- The individual employees email addresses need to be provided
Important note: existing card renewals temporarily unavailable
We are unable to renew existing cards at this time. The card renewal service will be back up and running next week (commencing 16th December).
CSCS cards can be renewed up to 6 months after their expiry date. If your renewal isn’t urgent, may we ask that you return to the website next week and start your application then.
If your application is urgent then please call 0344 994 4777 to talk to a member of the CSCS team.
Before you begin an application
Make sure that you have the following for each worker:
- A passport style photo of their head and shoulders against a white background.
- A scanned copy of their qualification certificate, or proof they are registered to complete a recognised qualification relevant to their occupation.
- A scanned copy of their pass certificate for the appropriate level of CITB Health, safety and environment (HSE) test, and dated to within the last 2 years.
- A credit or debit card to pay the £36 application fee (per card).
All CSCS cards cost £36 and payment must be made using a payment card.
The process is as follows:
- Employer enters their payment card details
- A total amount is pre-authorised on the card – payment is not. For example, if the employer applies for 10 cards, £360 is held on the card
- Each individual applicant will receive a welcome email with a temporary password. It would be helpful if the employer encourages their employees to look out for this email and follow the steps on the screen
- CSCS will process each application individually. Applications are approved or rejected as per the usual process
- If an application is declined, or additional information requested, the employer will be advised via email
- Payment will be taken for all approved cards and be sent for printing if either:
All cards are approved, or 7 days has passed after the application is submitted.
- A receipt will be issued to the employer. Payment will only be taken for approved applications. Payment will not be taken for any declined applications.
- If additional information is requested by CSCS, it is important to respond within 7 days of the date of the initial application, otherwise the application will be declined and a new application will be required.
Payment by account
Payment via prepaid accounts is coming soon. Further information on CSCS’s plans to introduce prepaid accounts is available here.
The quickest way to get in touch is via your new CSCS online account. If you already have an account, please login and select “Query” on the top menu, enter your details, and a member of the team will come back to you soon.
If you do not have an online account, then please call 0344 994 4777 (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday).