If you wish to apply for cards, we recommend using the online service – it’s quick, easy and available when you need it, all year round.
Employers who wish to apply for CSCS cards must now create an Employer account via CSCS online.
You can do this by selecting the ‘Employer’ checkbox when registering your account.
Employers, Partners and Third Parties can now process single applications as well as multiple applications, subject to the following conditions:
- Bulk applications are only available online – not via the telephone
- Pre-paid accounts available
- Payment can be made by payment card, using a CSCS Online Prepaid Account.
- If an employee already has a CSCS Online account, then as part of the application you must provide either:
- The email address linked to the employee’s account
- The employee’s CSCS registration number and National Insurance number
If an employee has more than one CSCS Online account, then please contact CSCS via your CSCS Online account’s query function.
Before you begin an online application, please ensure you:
- Have a scanned copy of each worker’s qualification certificate, or proof that they are registered to complete a recognised construction related qualification relevant to their occupation
- Have the test ID number from each workers CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test. This can be found at the top of their pass certificate
- Know the type of CITB HS&E test each worker completed: There are several tests available, the correct test must be selected from the drop-down list. The type of test can also be found at the top of their pass certificate
- Provide the correct personal details for each CITB HS&E test, including the workers date of birth, surname (as on the test certificate) and national insurance number
- Have a credit or debit card to pay the £36 application fee (per card).
To find out how to use the online application system, read our user guide. When applying, please use Google Chrome, as not all functions are supported by other browsers.
All CSCS cards cost £36 and payment must be made using a payment card.
The process is as follows:
- Employer enters their payment card details
- A total amount is pre-authorised on the card – payment is not taken at this time. For example, if the employer applies for 10 cards, £360 is held on the card
- Each individual employee who does not already have a CSCS Online account will have an account created for them as part of the application process and will receive a welcome email with a temporary password.
- CSCS will process each application individually. Applications are approved or rejected as per the usual process
- If an application is declined, or additional information requested, the employer will be informed of the reason via email.
- If all applications are approved, then payment for all applications will be taken. If some applications are approved and some are not, then after 7 days payment will be taken for the approved applications and the unapproved applications will be reverted to draft applications which the employer can then review and resubmit. No payment will be taken for unapproved applications.
- A receipt for each application is available through your online account.
Payment by account
Payment via prepaid account is now available. Further information is available here.
The quickest way to get in touch is via your new CSCS online account. If you already have an account, please login and select “Query” on the top menu, enter your details, and a member of the team will come back to you soon.
If you do not have an online account, then please call 0344 994 4777 (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday)