CITB has re-established Health, Safety and Environment testing operations across all of the UK.
However, due to social distancing measures the test centres cannot run at full capacity and some are experiencing longer wait times than usual.
CITB are working alongside their partners to increase the testing capacity, so please continue to visit the CITB website to check for availability and to book your test.
For further information visit the CITB urgent messages web page.
If you wish to apply for cards, we strongly recommend that you use the online service. Applying online will be considerably quicker than applying over the telephone.
Employers who wish to apply for CSCS cards must now create an Employer account via CSCS online.
You can do this by selecting the ‘Employer’ checkbox when registering your account.
Employers, Partners and Third Parties can now process single applications as well as multiple applications, subject to the following conditions:
- Bulk applications are only available online – not via the telephone
- Payment can be made by payment card by using a CSCS Online Prepaid Account.
- The individual employees email addresses need to be provided – if the employee already has a CSCS account, the email you provide must match their existing account email
Before you begin an online application, please ensure you:
- Have a scanned copy of each workers qualification certificate, or proof that they are registered to complete a recognised construction related qualification relevant to their occupation
- Have the test ID number from each workers CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test. This can be found at the top of their pass certificate
- Know the type of CITB HS&E test each worker completed: There are several tests available, the correct test must be selected from the drop-down list. The type of test can also be found at the top of their pass certificate
- Provide the correct personal details for each CITB HS&E test, including the workers date of birth, surname (as on the test certificate) and national insurance number
- Have a credit or debit card to pay the £36 application fee (per card).
To find out how to use the online application system, read our instruction guide. When applying, please use Google Chrome, as not all functions are supported by other browsers.
All CSCS cards cost £36 and payment must be made using a payment card.
The process is as follows:
- Employer enters their payment card details
- A total amount is pre-authorised on the card – payment is not. For example, if the employer applies for 10 cards, £360 is held on the card
- Each individual applicant will receive a welcome email with a temporary password. It would be helpful if the employer encourages their employees to look out for this email and follow the steps on the screen
- CSCS will process each application individually. Applications are approved or rejected as per the usual process
- If an application is declined, or additional information requested, the employer will be advised via email
- If all applications are approved, then payment for all applications will be taken. If some applications are approved and some are not, then after 7 days payment will be taken for the approved applications and the unapproved applications will be rejected.
- A receipt will be issued to the employer. Payment will only be taken for approved applications. Payment will not be taken for any declined applications.
- If additional information is requested by CSCS, it is important to respond within 7 days of the date of the initial application, otherwise the application will be declined and a new application will be required.
Payment by account
Payment via prepaid account is now available. Further information is available here.
The quickest way to get in touch is via your new CSCS online account. If you already have an account, please login and select “Query” on the top menu, enter your details, and a member of the team will come back to you soon.
If you do not have an online account, then please call 0344 994 4777 (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday)