Go to the full Card Types list
This card is valid for four years and six months, and cannot be renewed. Cardholders are expected to complete their apprenticeship by the time the card expires and apply for a skilled CSCS card.
This card is available to people who have commenced on a recognised apprenticeship framework.
The quickest and most convenient way to apply for a CSCS card is via our online application service.
If you already have an account, please login and start your application today.
If you have not already done so, we recommend that you create an account by visiting Applying for cards and follow the steps on the screen.
To apply for this card you will be required to submit evidence that you are registered for an apprenticeship with one of the following:
- A letter or email from the Managing Agency of your apprenticeship, confirming that you are registered with them and which qualifications (with full titles and pathways) you are registered for
- A letter from your apprenticeship training provider confirming that you are registered with them and which qualifications (with full titles and pathways) you are registered for
- Your Apprenticeship Agreement, provided that it shows the occupation and qualification (including pathways) you are registered for.
- A letter from your training provider delivering a CSCS Approved Trailblazer Apprenticeship (England Only)
When applying for this card, you may be exempt from the CITB Health, Safety & Environment test if you have:
- A letter or email from the Managing Agency of your apprenticeship (which must be clearly identified that they are a Managing Agency) confirming that you have met the Managing Agency’s Health and Safety requirements
- A certificate for a one day Health and Safety Awareness course
- A Health and Safety unit included in your induction or initial qualification.
If you have none of the above, then you will need to take the CITB Health, Safety & Environment test before applying for the Apprentice card.