The CSCS Apprentice card is issued free of charge and is for individuals on recognised apprenticeships.
It is valid for four years and six months and cannot be renewed. Cardholders are expected to complete their apprenticeship by the time the card expires and apply for a skilled CSCS card.
How to apply
Log in to CSCS Online. Online applications are quick, easy and secure. Once approved, cards should arrive within five working days.
To apply for this card you will be required to submit evidence that you are registered for an apprenticeship and that you have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment test, or an approved alternative.
Applicants should complete the Enrolment Evidence Form as this includes all the evidence required to apply for the Apprentice card and may help avoid delays to your application.
The CSCS Approved Apprenticeship Standards list, includes all the recognised CSCS occupation titles.
CSCS will accept one of the following as proof of registration:
- A letter or email from the Managing Agency of your apprenticeship, confirming which qualifications (with full titles and pathways) you are registered with them for.
- A letter from your apprenticeship training provider confirming which qualifications (with full titles and pathways) you are registered with them for.
- Your Apprenticeship Agreement, provided it shows the occupation and qualification (including pathways) you are registered for.
- A letter from your training provider delivering a programme from the CSCS Approved Apprenticeship Standards list.
CSCS will accept one of the following health and safety tests/courses:
- A CITB SSP Health Safety and Awareness Course dated within the last five years.
- A CITB Health, Safety and Environment test pass dated within the last two years.
- A completion certificate for a one-day Construction Health and Safety Awareness course.
- A Certificate of Unit Credit showing completion of the Construction Health and Safety unit included in your induction or initial qualification.