CSCS card design
The design of the CSCS card has changed.
If you see a CSCS card looks slightly different to what you expect, do not assume that it is fake. Instead, use one of these tools to check if the card is valid:
- The free Go Smart app: All CSCS cards are Smart, they contain a chip which allows the card to be scanned electronically. Employers can read the information stored on the card using a smartphone or tablet device with the free Go Smart app installed.
- The Go Smart online card checker.
- The CITB card checker (for cards issued before 9th December 2019 only).
- Access your CSCS Online account: If you already have an account, please login to view the status of your card.
These are the CSCS card designs currently in circulation:
CSCS cards issued before 9th December
All cards issued before 9th December 2019 look like the image below.
CSCS cards issued from 9th December 2019
Cards issued after 9th December 2019 have 2 key differences.
- The cardholder’s full name appears on the card, instead of just their initials and last name.
- The HS&E tested holofoil no longer appears on the card.
These changes are highlighted on the image below.
Future design of CSCS cards
A new card design will be launched in the coming months and when available we will update the industry.
The new design will have the following differences to the current design:
- The smart chip embedded in the card is no longer visible
- There is a contactless symbol next to the cardholder’s photograph