If you have a construction related qualification that was awarded outside the UK and is not currently recognised by CSCS you should contact UK NARIC.
UK NARIC will review your qualification and determine if it is comparable to a UK equivalent. If approved UK NARIC will issue a Statement of Comparability for Construction Skills.
UK NARIC will also investigate the origin of the qualification, including the college it was delivered, to prove its authenticity, this is known as Primary Source Verification.
If you applied for a UK NARIC report before 29th September 2017, you may not have been supplied with a Primary Source Verification report. In this case, please contact UK NARIC as you will need a Primary Source Verification report to continue with your CSCS card application.
If UK NARIC confirms that your qualification is an acceptable alternative to a UK qualification you should email the following to: [email protected]
- UK NARIC Statement of Comparability for Construction Skills with skills mapping chart for vocational qualifications
- Or UK NARIC Statement of Comparability for Construction Skills for Academic qualifications
- Primary Source Verification(PSV) Report
- Copy of your original qualification (preferably translated)
- Submit your application to CSCS. For further details on submitting an application click here.
Once this information is received CSCS will review your application and if all the documents are correct (and payment received) a card will be issued.
Please note: If you hold a NVQ, Degree, FETAC or QQI qualification issued in the Republic of Ireland you can apply directly to CSCS, you do not need to contact UK NARIC. For all other overseas qualifications please contact UK NARIC. This follows a review on 26.03.19 by CSCS Scheme Owners.