Please note: Ecctis was previously known as UK NARIC*. Industry Skills Statement was previously known as Statement of Comparability for Construction Skills.
Ecctis will review your qualification and determine if it is comparable to a UK equivalent. If approved, Ecctis will issue an Industry Skills Statement.
Ecctis will also investigate the origin of your qualification, including the college it was delivered at, to prove its authenticity. This is known as Primary Source Verification.
If you applied for a UK NARIC statement before 29th September 2017, you may not have been supplied with a Primary Source Verification report. In this case, please contact Ecctis as you will need this Primary Source Verification report to continue with your CSCS card application.
If Ecctis confirms that your qualification is an acceptable alternative to a UK qualification you should log into your CSCS Online account and upload the following documents as part of your application:
- One of the following:
- An Ecctis Industry Skills Statement with Skills Mapping (If you are apply with a vocational qualification)
- An Ecctis Industry Skills Statement for Academically Qualified Persons (If you are applying with an academic qualification)
- A Primary Source Verification (PSV) Report
- A copy of your original qualification (preferably translated)
Please note: If you hold a NVQ/SVQ, Degree, FETAC or QQI qualification issued in the Republic of Ireland you can apply directly to CSCS, you do not need to contact Ecctis. For all other overseas qualifications please contact Ecctis. This follows a review on 26.03.19 by CSCS Scheme Owners.
* Due to the UK leaving the European Union, the UK NARIC national agency function (naric.org.uk) is now UK ENIC (www.enic.org.uk) and is managed by Ecctis www.ecctis.com. All services operate as before. You should use the Ecctis website to apply for Industry Skills Statements. For more information, go to: www.ecctis.com/transition.