CSCS and the CSCS Alliance schemes are required to conform with Construction Leadership Council (CLC) requirements.
The CLC requirements around accepting completed apprenticeships for the issue of CSCS logoed cards states:
Nationally recognised apprenticeships in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will be accepted as meeting the minimum standard.
This CLC requirement allows the CSCS Alliance to accept nationally recognised apprenticeships from all four UK nations, regardless of whether they include an N/SVQ or not.
This will ensure that apprentices on more recently created apprenticeships programmes (such as the English Apprenticeship Standards) will be eligible for a free CSCS Apprentice card and, once they have completed the apprenticeship, the relevant Skilled CSCS card.
For details of current nationally recognised apprenticeships please see:
For Scotland – Apprenticeships.scot
For Wales – Find an apprenticeship | GOV.WALES
For Northern Ireland – Types of apprenticeships | nidirect
For the Isle of Man – Isle of Man Government – Apprenticeships
Official University and Professional Body accredited apprenticeships will also be accepted.
Historic Apprenticeships will also be recognised and include:
- Relevant English Apprenticeship approved under Specification for Apprenticeship Standards in England (Pre 2020) or by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (2014 onwards)
- Relevant Welsh Apprenticeships approved under Specification for Apprenticeship Standards in Wales
- Relevant Scottish Apprenticeships approved by the Apprenticeship Approvals Group
- Relevant Northern Irish Apprenticeships approved by Northern Ireland Government Services
- Relevant Isle of Mann Apprenticeships approved by the Isle of Mann Government.
For the recognition of any Apprenticeship for issuing a card, it will be necessary for the applicant to have proof of successful completion of their Apprenticeship. This will normally be a completion certificate.