CSCS Smart Check
- If a card has been lost or stolen and a replacement card issued, would the old card show as valid on CSCS Smart Check?
This would depend on the scheme in question. Provided the lost or stolen card has been flagged and removed from the respective database, it will not be recognised as valid by CSCS Smart Check. Similarly, provided the replacement card has been registered and is active, it can be verified by CSCS Smart Check.
- What is the CSCS Smart Check app?
CSCS Smart Check is available as an app or an API that can be built into other card checking platforms.
The interface allows all 2.1 million cards displaying the CSCS logo to be verified using a single interface and is designed to improve the construction industry’s card checking procedures and site safety, whilst also helping tackle card fraud.
- What should I do if the app isn't working?
Should you encounter technical problems with CSCS Smart Check, please follow the instructions within the app’s support page. This can be found within the app itself or via the CSCS website.
- What should I do if the person presenting the card is not the same person displayed on the app?
CSCS provide advice on what to do if you suspect someone is using a fraudulent card which can be found here: https://www.cscs.uk.com/frequently-asked-questions/what-should-i-do-if-i-suspect-someone-is-using-a-fraudulent-card/
- My card has expired. Will it show within the app?
Only valid, in-date cards will display within CSCS Smart Check. Please contact your scheme to renew your card.
- I have scanned a card but no record can be found. Why is this?
If no record of an individual is found, it may be because the card has expired, has been invalidated or may be fraudulent. Please check by manually entering the correct details. If still no record is returned, please follow normal project procedures for those unable to show a valid CSCS or Partner Scheme card.
- Can I use CSCS Smart Check without internet signal or WiFi?
CSCS Smart Check will always require an internet or mobile data connection to work. If you do not have a connection then please follow company procedures for checking cards.
- Is there a charge to download the app?
No. The app is free to download from the Apple Store and Google Play or other smart phone app stores.
- Which app do I need to download and where do I get it?
The app is called CSCS Smart Check and will be available to download from April 1st. It shouldn’t be confused with My CSCS or any other card scheme apps. The app can be downloaded from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- How does CSCS Smart Check work?
By scanning a CSCS Partner Scheme card, you can verify it is genuine and details correct for over 2 million construction workers in the UK. The app has a live feed into databases of each scheme and is a collaborative project between more than 35 different organisations.