Occupational Work Supervision (Effective October 1st 2021)
- Can I remove the endorsement on the reverse of my card?
Yes, you have two options:
Wait until your card is due to expire and apply for a new card (not renewal) and provide a copy of your qualification and confirmation of passing the Specialist Supervisor level CITB Health, safety and environment test within the last 2 years.
Replace your existing card early. In this scenario you will be required contact the CSCS Helpline on 0344 994 4777 and they will be able to process an update card application for you over the phone. When the new card is issued the endorsement will be removed from the back of the card. In this scenario you are required to pay £36 for the new card.
- How do I apply for a Gold Supervisory card with an OWS S/NVQ?
Visit the Gold Supervisory webpage for further info.
- Will the price of the card change?
There are no plans to change the price of the card, the price of the card remains at £36.
- What if my card was issued through a CSCS Partner Card Scheme?
These changes do not impact CSCS Partner Card Schemes as Partner Scheme issue cards for Specialist sectors so their Supervisor cards will reflect the occupational area being worked in.
- My card is due to be renewed, can I keep the endorsement previously issued on the reverse of my card?
Yes, if your card currently displays an endorsement and you wish to keep it there will be no change. When renewing your card, you can renew as normal with a Specialist Supervisor level CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within the last 2 years.
- How do you guarantee a supervisor has sufficient experience in the trade they are overseeing if the endorsement is removed?
The National Working Group for Occupational Work Supervision has confirmed it is the responsibility of employers to ensure that their supervisors are competent to carry out their duties.
- What evidence do I now need to produce when applying for the Gold Supervisory card with an OWS S/NVQ?
Applicants need only to provide evidence of their OWS N/SVQ and to have passed the Specialist Supervisor level CITB Health, Safety and Environment test within the last two years.
- Why is CSCS removing the need to provide occupational evidence and the associated endorsement from the reverse of the card?
Following consultation with industry the National Working Group for Occupational Work Supervision has confirmed the removal of the endorsement list.
Due to this change CSCS no longer requires applicants applying for the Supervisory Gold card with an OWS N/SVQ to submit additional evidence demonstrating competence in their occupation.