CSCS Smart Check
- What is the CSCS Smart Check app?
The CSCS Smart Check app is the official app which allows verification of all Construction Skills Certification Scheme partner schemes.
- Does CSCS Smart Check replace Go Smart?
For more information on the withdrawal of Go Smart, visit the Go Smart FAQ section.
- How does CSCS Smart Check work?
By scanning a CSCS Partner Scheme card, you can verify it is genuine and details correct for over 2 million construction workers in the UK. The app has a live feed into databases of each scheme and is a collaborative project between more than 35 different organisations.
- What are the benefits of CSCS Smart Check?
The app gives users a simple solution to check all CSCS Partner Scheme cards in one place. Rather than separate apps, web portals and call centres, CSCS Smart Check means all sites and projects can undertake checks to assess if people are qualified and competent for their role when entering a project.
- Does the app tell employers about previous working locations or historic information on cards, categories, exams or Health and Safety tests?
No, CSCS Smart Check will only verify that the card is valid. It won’t provide any further information beyond Cardholder Photo ID, Cardholder Name, Cardholder Job Title, Cardholder Qualifications and Card Expiry Date.
Employers should contact the relevant card scheme about this type of functionality where it exists, such as ECS Check.
- Will any card schemes be unavailable to check through CSCS Smart Check?
The following schemes will be going live on the app at a later date.
For these schemes, users should proceed with the usual method of validation.
- How long is the transition period for CSCS Smart Check?
There are no plans to set a time limit, but all sites are expected and encouraged to migrate to CSCS Smart Check over time.
The project team are keen to point out that there will be no immediate impact on existing card checking operations and employers can continue to use their existing card checking systems if required.
- How do you show that you have checked a CSCS card?
CSCS Smart Check won’t store information about checked cards, besides the initial card verified screen, although photos of that screen can be taken outside of the app and stored separately if the user wishes.
Other systems already exist for the auditing of personnel on contracts and some schemes have links or offer such services separately. The CSCS Smart Check Delivery Group will also be considering further enhancement to the technology going forward.
- Where will I find the list of the 38 schemes participating?
You can find a list of all 38 CSCS Alliance members here via the CSCS website.
- How can employers keep accurate records of an employee’s training?
CSCS Smart Check is an app to verify CSCS Partner Cards presented as being valid and genuine across all the 38 CSCS Partner Schemes.
Other systems already exist for employers to keep records on their workforce training and qualifications.