- What should I do if I suspect someone is using a fraudulent card?
- Retain the card if possible
- Make photocopies of front and back
- Record cardholder’s name and address if possible
- Ask cardholder where the card was obtained from
- Contact the local police and report the matter*
- Refuse access to site (subject to company rules)
- Forward copies of all evidence to:
The Operations Team
85 Tottenham Court Road
London W1T 4TQ marked “SUSPECTED FRAUDULENT CARD”
email [email protected] making sure to include copies of all evidence
CSCS and CITB will fully support any prosecution with technical and factual evidence.
*Please note: Contacting the police is at the discretion of each individual site and subject to company rules. CSCS and CITB always recommend contacting the police as this information can be helpful to the authorities when investigating issues such as modern day slavery, people trafficking and right to work investigations.
- How long will it take for my CSCS card to be sent to me?
Most cards arrive at their requested destination within 20 days of application. If your card has not been delivered to your requested destination within five weeks of your application, please contact CSCS. After 90s days your application will be considered closed and a further payment of £36 will be required to reprocess an application.
- How do I book a CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test
Call 0344 994 4488. Lines are open from 8am to 8pm Mondays to Fridays, and from 8am to 12pm on Saturdays.
Contact your local ITC centre that facilitates the HS&E Test.
- How do I find my nearest CITB Health, Safety and Environment test centre?
You can find your nearest CITB Health, Safety & Environment test centre by using the online booking system or you can call the information and booking line on 0344 994 4488. If the person taking the test needs additional support (eg. accessibility or literacy) please call the booking line to discuss the requirements.
Find out more about the test here.
- Can I get a refund if I decide that I do not need a CSCS card?
No. The CSCS application fee is non-refundable.
- Can I buy materials to help me revise for the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test?
There are various test question books available so ensure you purchase the right one for the level of test you are taking. For example, there are specific revision aids for the Managerial and Professional Health, Safety and Environment Test.
They are all available from high street and online booksellers or by calling 0344 994 4488. Find out more about the test here.
- Can my employees take the test at our premises to save time and travel costs?
If there are at least 16 people taking the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test at one time, you can arrange for the mobile testing unit to be brought to a location of your choice (as long as it’s large enough for the vehicle to gain access) by calling the Corporate Health, Safety and Environment Test Booking line on 0344 994 4492. There is more information about the test here.
- What is the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test?
It is a multiple choice test on health, safety and environmental issues in construction, usually taken on a touch screen. It can be booked at venues around the UK. Find out more about the test and how to make a booking here.
- Which level of CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test should I take?
- I've lost my apprenticeship certificate. What should I do?
Depending on the type of apprenticeship you completed, one of the following organisations may be able to help you:
The National Joint Council for the Building Industry – Tel: 0844 576 3556
In Scotland – Building Apprenticeship and Training Council – Tel: 0131 556 8866
National Joint Council for the Thermal Insulation Contracting Industry – Tel: 01325 466704
The National Joint Council for the Felt Roofing Contracting Industry – Tel: 01444 440027
National Joint Council for the Flat Glass Industry – Tel: 020 7403 7177
Mastic Asphalt Council – Tel: 01424 814400