Postal application withdrawal
- Why are CSCS removing paper-based postal applications?
Postal applications do not deliver good customer service. They are a complex, time-consuming and inefficient way for our customers to make an application and this is why we have decided to withdraw the service.
- When will the changes be implemented?
From 30th April 2019 postal application forms will be removed from the CSCS website.
From 30th June 2019 CSCS will stop processing applications received via the post.
- What happens if I make a postal application before 30th June?
CSCS will continue to accept and process postal applications up to this date. Your application will be processed and should you meet all of the requirements a card will be issued.
- I have always applied by post. What do I do now?
We are encouraging individual applicants to apply using the telephone service.
- How do I apply over the phone?
To apply over the phone:
- Pass the appropriate CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test for your occupation. Find out which test you need to take by using the online card finder.
- If the required card is qualification based please send proof of your qualification to [email protected]. Find out which qualifications you need for your occupation by using the online card finder.
- Call 0344 994 4777 and pay £36 using a credit or debit card. Your CSCS card will be posted out to you on the next working day.
- Will applying over the phone increase the price of my card?
No. The withdrawal of postal applications will not change the price of a card. The card price remains at £36.
- What happens if my postal application arrives after 30th June?
CSCS will stop processing postal applications after this date. Should your application arrive after this date it will be returned to you with instructions on how to make a telephone application.
- Can I email an application form after 30th June?
After 30th June all applications received via email will be returned to the applicant with a cover note explaining the withdrawal of paper applications and setting out the process for making a telephone application.
- Does this change the employer application process?
No. The online employer application process remains the same. This change is only for those who wish to make a single application via the post.
- Is this part of CSCS’s plans to introduce an online service?
Yes. In February 2019 CSCS announced plans to introduce a modern service that includes moving the majority of applications online and improving the existing telephone processes.
The removal of the postal application service removes much of the complexity surrounding the old paper-based system and will help pave the way for the introduction of the new service.