- What should I do if I suspect someone is using a fraudulent card?
Those with any information relating to suspected fraudulent or criminal activity linked to CSCS cards are encouraged to report it to CSCS directly. Any information received will be treated sensitively, and every effort will be made to protect the identity of the person reporting it.
When reporting information via the CSCS Smart Check app, please follow these instructions:
1. Retain the card if possible
2. Make photocopies or take photos of the front and back of the card
3. Record the cardholder’s name and address
4. Ask the cardholder where the card was obtained from
5. Select ‘Report suspected fraudulent card’ in the CSCS Smart Check app
6. Select the relevant scheme and attach images of both the front and the back of the card
7. Fill out the required information and submit the form.
Those not using the app can report information using the same process but via email at [email protected] or using the following postal address:
F.A.O – FRAUD INVESTIGATION TEAM
26 Store Street
- How long will it take for my CSCS card to be sent to me?
Most cards arrive at their requested destination within 10 working days of application. If your card has not been delivered to your requested destination within four weeks of your application, please contact CSCS. After 90 days, your application will be considered closed and a further payment of £36 will be required to process a replacement card.
- How do I book a CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test
Call 0344 994 4488. Lines are open from 8am to 8pm Mondays to Fridays, and from 8am to 12pm on Saturdays.
Contact your local ITC centre that facilitates the HS&E Test.
- How do I find my nearest CITB Health, Safety and Environment test centre?
You can find your nearest CITB Health, Safety & Environment test centre by using the online booking system or you can call the information and booking line on 0344 994 4488. If the person taking the test needs additional support (eg. accessibility or literacy) please call the booking line to discuss the requirements.
Find out more about the test here.
- Can I get a refund if I decide that I do not need a CSCS card?
No. The CSCS application fee is non-refundable.
- Can I buy materials to help me revise for the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test?
There are various test question books available so ensure you purchase the right one for the level of test you are taking. For example, there are specific revision aids for the Managerial and Professional Health, Safety and Environment Test.
They are all available from high street and online booksellers or by calling 0344 994 4488. Find out more about the test here.
- Can my employees take the test at our premises to save time and travel costs?
If there are at least 16 people taking the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test at one time, you can arrange for the mobile testing unit to be brought to a location of your choice (as long as it’s large enough for the vehicle to gain access) by calling the Corporate Health, Safety and Environment Test Booking line on 0344 994 4492. There is more information about the test here.
- What is the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test?
- Which level of CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test should I take?
- I've lost my apprenticeship certificate. What should I do?
Depending on the type of apprenticeship you completed, one of the following organisations may be able to help you:
The National Joint Council for the Building Industry – Tel: 0844 576 3556
In Scotland – Building Apprenticeship and Training Council – Tel: 0131 556 8866
National Joint Council for the Thermal Insulation Contracting Industry – Tel: 01325 466704
The National Joint Council for the Felt Roofing Contracting Industry – Tel: 01444 440027
National Joint Council for the Flat Glass Industry – Tel: 020 7403 7177
Mastic Asphalt Council – Tel: 01424 814400