CITB Health, Safety and Environment test
- How long is a CITB Health, safety and environment test valid for?
For the purposes of applying for a CSCS card the CITB Health, safety and environment test must have been passed within the last 2 years. After 2 years CSCS requires applicants to retake the test.
- What if I obtained my CSCS card using the exemption?
Your CSCS card will remain valid until the expiry date listed on the card. You will then need to pass the CITB Health, safety and environment test to renew your card.
- What is the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test?
- What is the CSCS test?
Contrary to popular belief, there is actually no such thing as a ‘CSCS test’. This is simply the name commonly and incorrectly given to the CITB Health, safety and environment test, as it is a requirement for a CSCS card. The test is owned and managed by CITB.
CSCS are not responsible for the development or delivery of construction related training and qualifications.
Find out more about the CITB Health, safety and environment test.
- Are there any alternatives to the CITB HS&E test?
There are currently three alternatives to the HS&E test requirement.
- You have passed the CIC Health and Safety Test (Academically Qualified Persons card or Professionally Qualified Persons CSCS card only)
- You have commenced a recognised apprenticeship
- You hold a SOLAS card
Some sectors have their own HS&E requirements and alternatives to the CITB HS&E test. Please check with the relevant CSCS partner card scheme before making your application.
- How do I book a CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test
Call 0344 994 4488. Lines are open from 8am to 8pm Mondays to Fridays, and from 8am to 12pm on Saturdays.
Contact your local ITC centre that facilitates the HS&E Test.
- How much does it cost to take the CITB health safety and environment test?
The cost of the test is £22.50.
- Which level of CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test should I take?
- Can I buy materials to help me revise for the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test?
There are various test question books available so ensure you purchase the right one for the level of test you are taking. For example, there are specific revision aids for the Managerial and Professional Health, Safety and Environment Test.
They are all available from high street and online booksellers or by calling 0344 994 4488. Find out more about the test here.
- Can my employees take the test at our premises to save time and travel costs?
If there are at least 16 people taking the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test at one time, you can arrange for the mobile testing unit to be brought to a location of your choice (as long as it’s large enough for the vehicle to gain access) by calling the Corporate Health, Safety and Environment Test Booking line on 0344 994 4492. There is more information about the test here.