Application query support
Use this page to assist with common questions asked about the query system.
What is a query?
A query is simple way to get in touch with CSCS via the online application service. It is also used by CSCS to request additional information, such as a certificate, that may be required to process your application.
Why send in a query?
It is convenient, you don’t need to pick up the phone and you don’t need to wait to talk to a member of the team. Simply send in your query via your CSCS Online account. Queries are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all year round.
When should I raise a query?
When you need assistance with (or require an update) regarding your application.
Or, from time to time CSCS will use the query system to request additional information in order to progress your application. For example, we can request further evidence (a qualification certificate) as sometimes applicants send in documentation that is invalid.
How do I submit a query?
1. First log into your CSCS Online account at cscsonline.uk.com/login
2. Click the button at the top of your screen marked “Support” – see below. This will take you to the “Support – My Queries” tab of your CSCS Online account.
3. Click the button marked Add Query
4. Fill out the required fields in the pop-up box – see image below
5. You must select a “Query Type”
6. Then select a “Reason”
7. If you have one, select application
8. Type a short message describing your query
9. Click the Add Query button
How do I upload a file to my query?
1. From time to time CSCS will require further information to support your application, this will often be a request for documentation, such as a qualification certificate.
2. Click the Choose File button
3. You can upload 10 individual files (at one time) but please note each file must be no more than 5MB.
4. CSCS can only accepted the following file types: JPEG, PDF or PNG
5. Click the Add Query button
How do I view my query?
1. Click the button at the top of your screen marked “Support”. This will take you to the “Support – My Queries” tab of your CSCS Online account.
2. You will then be able to view all open queries. To view and reply to the query click on the word “View” to the right of the query.
3. Once you have opened the query you can type a reply message and also choose a file to upload to send with your message.
4. When you have typed your message and uploaded any required documents (if applicable) select “Post Reply” and your message and any attachments will be added to the query.
What happens is my application cannot be processed?
If your application cannot be processed, you will receive an email from CSCS explaining why and the steps that need to be taken.